Wednesday, April 25, 2007

You MUST Watch This Video!

If you've never been scammed on the Internet, it may only mean that your time has not yet come. And if you think you're too smart to be taken in…know that they even got me a couple years ago! I've been using the Internet since 1993 and am a computer/Internet professional. Yet one day I ventured into new territory, was in a hurry and wasn't paying attention…and they got me!

Feel free to read all the gory details in my article: Confessions of an Identity Theft Victim

I was lucky and definitely learned to always pay attention and always go to any master site to login and never use email links. But more importantly than my little tale of woe…you really MUST view this video (link below) from ABC investigative reporter, Brian Ross. Here he exposes some of the thousands of scams currently on the web. Every day, hundreds of people are still being taken in and end up losing thousands of dollars or even their identity, because they are innocent and don't realize that there are so many scams out there just waiting for them and their money or credentials.

Don't let it happen to you! View this video report so you can be empowered by knowledge.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2935397

Stay safe out there!